‘I’m gonna put on a hell of a show,’ rapper tells MTV News.
By Rob Markman
Big Sean is ready to take his show on the road. Beginning October 2, the G.O.O.D. Music MC will begin his I Am Finally Famous Tour, a 30-city run that concludes November 25 in Los Angeles.
“I’m embarking on my first solo tour this fall, and I passed up a lot of good opportunities, but I’m still gonna be a part of those opportunities one way or another,” Sean told MTV News. “I really thought it was important to do my own solo tour.”
The Detroit rapper most recently was out on the road with Wiz Khalifa as part of his Rolling Papers tour, and in the past he talked about the possibility of joining Jay-Z and Kanye West on their Watch the Throne run. Sean didn’t confirm or deny that he’ll hit the road with Hov and ‘Ye, but judging from the already announced WTT dates, Sean’s involvement in it looks unlikely.
For this run, Sean tells MTV News that he’ll be hitting smaller venues so he can build a closer relationship with his fans. “I think that’s really important for my first time out. Building my tour base I really wanted to have something intimate, something people will remember forever,” he said. “I’m gonna put on a hell of a show. I’ve been getting my cardio up, working out, taking this sh– serious.”
Dates for Big Sean’s I Am Finally Famous Tour:
- ‘Happy Sad Confused,’ With Allison Williams And Dan Stevens
- Maisie Williams’s Birthday Message To Sophie Turner Will Make You Ache For That Stark Reunion
- Stranded With A Million Dollars Premiere: 7 Reasons Cody Is About To Become Television’s New Bad Guy
- Can The Underdog Team Fend Off The Challenge Champions?
- The Sounds Of The Future: On Marnie Stern’s Cyborg Potential