Sometimes celebrities get starstruck too — just ask Brandy. In the latest episode of “When I Was 17,” the singer-turned-reality starlet opens up about meeting Michael Jackson, thanks to producer Rodney Jerkins.
“When I was 17, my producer Rodney Jerkins was working with Michael Jackson at the time,” Brandy says in the episode, premiering Saturday at 11 a.m. ET. “He knew how much I wanted to meet Michael Jackson, so he says, ‘Would you like to come and meet him?’ I’m like, ‘Are you serious? Of course I want to meet Michael Jackson! Where do I meet you? Where do we come?’ ”
And it wasn’t just Jerkins who knew about the singer’s admiration for Jackson. “Michael Jackson was it, so we studied Michael. Brandy studied Michael,” her brother Ray J says.
Brandy says the super-producer orchestrated the meeting between the siblings and Jackson at the recording studio. However, prior to entering the room, Brandy says nerves got the best of her.
“My heart is beating so fast at this point,” the “Dancing With the Stars” alum recalls. “I’m like, ‘Oh my God. It’s happening. We’re about to open the door and he’s going to be in there.’ ”
Ray J, who was equally excited, peeped around the room, saying, “When we first walked into the studio, we can kind of see Michael in the corner and we looked at each other like, ‘Did you see him?’ ” Unfortunately, Brandy, couldn’t maintain the same type as composure. “And I’m looking at him like, ‘Oh my God. This is Michael Jackson,’ ” adding, “I fainted, blacked out — like seriously blacked out.”Read also...
- Drake Took Another Shot At Meek Mill During The NBA All-Star Celeb Game
- 11 Things We NEED To See If There’s A My Date With The President’s Daughter Sequel
- 13 Serious Questions Every Pretty Little Liars Fan Has About This Season
- Was Sneaking Into A Kanye West Concert This Week’s ‘Greatest Party Story Ever’?
- Taylor Swift’s Brother Perfectly Responds To Kanye’s Shocking ‘Famous’ Lyric