‘It Will Rain’ was set to premiere Wednesday on MTV, but Mars is still working on the clip.
By James Montgomery
Originally, the clip was set to premiere Wednesday night on MTV — with a special live-stream event to follow on MTV.com — but those plans have been put on hold for the foreseeable future because the video isn’t finished just yet.
Mars himself took to Twitter on Monday (October 24) to break the news about the “Rain” delay and to beg forgiveness from all the “Twilight” fans out there.
“Hey guys, I’m still working on the ‘It Will Rain’ video,” Mars wrote. “The MTV premiere will happen in a couple weeks. Be patient for ya boy. Love y’all.”
A spokesperson for Mars’ label, Atlantic Records, could not be reached for comment on the delay, and while the news is sure to disappoint “Twilight” folks, there is a new development that will surely help soften the blow: Even though “Rain” has been pushed back, there will still be a “Breaking Dawn” video premiering Wednesday for Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years,” a song she told MTV News she wrote specifically for the film’s star-crossed protagonists, Bella and Edward.
So fret not, “Twilight” fans. You’ll still get your fix Wednesday, October 26, when Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years” video premieres at 6 a.m. ET/PT on AMTV, MTV Hits and MTV.com. And as soon as we get an update on “It Will Rain,” you’ll be the first to know about it, we promise.
- Wait, Does Carrie Fisher’s Dog Gary Have A Cameo In Star Wars: Episode VIII?
- New Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them Trailer Finally Unveils Some Magical Creatures
- The Justice League Assembles In First Trailer — But The Flash Steals The Show
- Sit Down, Boys: The Wonder Woman Trailer Is Here To Show You How It’s Done
- Cosplay Couple: Catelynn Lowell And Tyler Baltierra Get Into Costume At San Diego Comic-Con