Drake confirmed Alicia Keys will appear as a guest on his forthcoming debut album during the Los Angeles stop of his Away From Home tour on Thursday night.
The Toronto MC broke the news to the crowd as the opening notes of “Fireworks,” slated to be Thank Me Later’s opening track, began to boom from the speakers.
“This right here is the first song that you will here when you put that disk in,” Drake said of Thank Me Later, due June 15. “It’s a song with myself and Miss Alicia Keys, it’s called “Fireworks.”
“Money just changed everything, I wonder how life without it would go,” he rapped. “From the concrete, who knew that a flower would grow/ Looking down from the top and it’s crowded below/ My 15 minutes started an hour ago.”
Drake premiered the track during the first stop of his tour and has been revealing more of the number with subsequent performances.
In Rolling Stone magazine’s Spring Music Preview, the So Far Gone superstar revealed the track would address his relationships with Lil Wayne, his own family, and a rumored romance with Rihanna.
Last month, Drake told reporters the song represents what his life is like at the moment.
“The song itself is the first song on the album; I think it’s the biggest indicator of what the album is gonna be like,” he said. “That’s why I picked that song to go first, and that’s why I wrote the first verse like that. It’s really where I am in my life right now. I know they’re looking forward to the album, so I want them to get a feel of how the story starts off.”Read also...
- Drake Took Another Shot At Meek Mill During The NBA All-Star Celeb Game
- 11 Things We NEED To See If There’s A My Date With The President’s Daughter Sequel
- 13 Serious Questions Every Pretty Little Liars Fan Has About This Season
- Was Sneaking Into A Kanye West Concert This Week’s ‘Greatest Party Story Ever’?
- Taylor Swift’s Brother Perfectly Responds To Kanye’s Shocking ‘Famous’ Lyric