Drake confirmed Alicia Keys will appear as a guest on his forthcoming debut album during the Los Angeles stop of his Away From Home tour on Thursday night.
The Toronto MC broke the news to the crowd as the opening notes of “Fireworks,” slated to be Thank Me Later’s opening track, began to boom from the speakers.
“This right here is the first song that you will here when you put that disk in,” Drake said of Thank Me Later, due June 15. “It’s a song with myself and Miss Alicia Keys, it’s called “Fireworks.”
“Money just changed everything, I wonder how life without it would go,” he rapped. “From the concrete, who knew that a flower would grow/ Looking down from the top and it’s crowded below/ My 15 minutes started an hour ago.”
Drake premiered the track during the first stop of his tour and has been revealing more of the number with subsequent performances.
In Rolling Stone magazine’s Spring Music Preview, the So Far Gone superstar revealed the track would address his relationships with Lil Wayne, his own family, and a rumored romance with Rihanna.
Last month, Drake told reporters the song represents what his life is like at the moment.
“The song itself is the first song on the album; I think it’s the biggest indicator of what the album is gonna be like,” he said. “That’s why I picked that song to go first, and that’s why I wrote the first verse like that. It’s really where I am in my life right now. I know they’re looking forward to the album, so I want them to get a feel of how the story starts off.”Read also...
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender