By Zachary Swickey
British songbird – and the apple of Skrillex’s eye – Ellie Goulding has been working on her much-anticipated second album and we’ve just learned it will finally be released in October with the title Halcyon, according to NME.
The follow-up to Goulding’s well-received 2010 debut Lights is set to drop on October 8 following the release of the effort’s lead single, “Anything Could Happen,” on September 30.
Goulding recorded her sophomore release with notable producer Jim Elliot (Kylie Minogue). Red-hot DJ/producer Calvin Harris also reportedly hit the studio with Goulding, but it’s not known if those sessions will make the cut for the album.
Fans got their very first taste of new material earlier this month when Goulding released a cover of Active Child’s “Hanging On,” which features guest vocals courtesy of Brit rapper Tinie Tempah.
It’s also unclear whether Goulding’s session with boyfriend Skrillex and Swedish House Mafia members Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello will be included on the set. At the time, Ingrosso wasn’t so sure if it would end up on Goulding’s album or somewhere else entirely: “I think it’s going to be for [Ellie's] album, but in this business you don’t know until you see it on iTunes,” he told Billboard.
Ingrosso also said of the collab, “We made a demo and it was amazing. We had a blast. Ellie is a great artist … her voice is amazing. Skillex, enough said, he is Skrillex.”
- Kesha Turns Zedd’s ‘True Colors’ Into A Double Rainbow All The Way Across The Sky
- Kesha Looks Happier Than Ever In A New Teaser Clip For ‘True Colors’
- Five Years Later, ‘We Found Love’ Is Still Rihanna’s Most Important Video
- Lil Wayne, Future, Rick Ross And More Joined DJ Khaled On The First Night Of Beyoncé’s Formation Tour
- Ted Cruz Did A Thing That Doesn’t Matter And I’m Pretending to Care