By Zachary Swickey
British songbird – and the apple of Skrillex’s eye – Ellie Goulding has been working on her much-anticipated second album and we’ve just learned it will finally be released in October with the title Halcyon, according to NME.
The follow-up to Goulding’s well-received 2010 debut Lights is set to drop on October 8 following the release of the effort’s lead single, “Anything Could Happen,” on September 30.
Goulding recorded her sophomore release with notable producer Jim Elliot (Kylie Minogue). Red-hot DJ/producer Calvin Harris also reportedly hit the studio with Goulding, but it’s not known if those sessions will make the cut for the album.
Fans got their very first taste of new material earlier this month when Goulding released a cover of Active Child’s “Hanging On,” which features guest vocals courtesy of Brit rapper Tinie Tempah.
It’s also unclear whether Goulding’s session with boyfriend Skrillex and Swedish House Mafia members Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello will be included on the set. At the time, Ingrosso wasn’t so sure if it would end up on Goulding’s album or somewhere else entirely: “I think it’s going to be for [Ellie's] album, but in this business you don’t know until you see it on iTunes,” he told Billboard.
Ingrosso also said of the collab, “We made a demo and it was amazing. We had a blast. Ellie is a great artist … her voice is amazing. Skillex, enough said, he is Skrillex.”
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender