by Zachary Swickey
As British singer songwriter Ellie Goulding nears the October release date of her new album Halycon, she is slowly but surely giving us a taste of the upcoming effort. A newly revealed trailer for the album showcases the multitude of styles and influences we can expect to find on the album.
The video provides the first batch of new material from the singer since her 2010 debut Lights, which went number one in the UK upon its release and houses the smash title track, which is still sitting pretty at #5 in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
The two-minute teaser previews clips of several songs from Halycon.
Check it out:
It’s anyone’s guess if Goulding’s collaborative track with Skrillex and Swedish House Mafia members made the cut. SHM member/collaborator Sebastian Ingrosso wasn’t so sure if the song would even end up on her album, saying, “I think it’s going to be for [Ellie's] album, but in this business you don’t know until you see it on iTunes.”
We got out first very first taste of new material from Goulding early last month when she released a wicked cover of Active Child’s “Hangining On,” which features guest vocals from Brit rapper Tinie Tempah.
Goulding’s first official new single, “Anything Could Happen,” is expected to drop on September 30 before we get Halycon in its entirety on October 8.Read also...
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender