In keeping with the recent artist-to-author trend that’s seen everyone from Jay-Z to Justin Bieber penning books, Flavor Flav will release a memoir called “Icon” in March. Published by Farrah Gray Publishing, the book, which has been listed on Amazon.com, will be a 264-page account of everything Flav, from his early days in Public Enemy to his recent years as a VH1 reality-TV star.
According to Amazon’s product description, the hip-hop icon will take readers “in vivid detail behind the scenes of his multi-faceted career.” Not only will Flav reveal the underlying tensions within Public Enemy and with Def Jam Records, the hype man will also divulge details about his early struggles with addiction and his multiple visits to rehab and jail.
But his memoir isn’t all pain and suffering as the 51-year-old star will also give glimpses into recent years, when he reinvented himself as a VH1 reality ringleader, spawning the hit shows “Flavor of Love” and “Strange Love,” alongside Brigitte Nielsen. Straddling the worlds of music and reality TV, Flav presents his take on both of them and describes how he has dealt with the pressure.
On the cover of “Icon,” the rapper appears in a red suede jumpsuit with his signature accessory, a big clock hanging from his neck. Rocking matching sunglasses and an unusually stiff afro, Flav slouches underneath another clock chain attached to his bold name stamp.
At press time, Flavor Flav’s publishing company had not yet responded to reporters request for comment about the memoir.Read also...
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender