Silent black-and-white film earns six nods, while ‘The Descendants’ and ‘The Help’ rack up five each.
The stars woke up early Thursday (December 15), hoping to hear their names when the nominations for the 69th annual Golden Globes were announced. Without many front-runners in the major categories, the Globe nominations gave one of the first serious indications of how the Academy Awards will play out in February. “The Artist,” with six nominations, and “The Descendants” and “The Help,” with five each, cemented their place at the top of the Best Picture race.
“The Artist,” the silent, black-and-white tribute to old Hollywood, wowed audiences during the festival circuit and earned the most nods.
In addition to its nomination for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, both Jean Dujardin and B
- Years & Years Had The Perfect Response After Their Music Was Labeled ‘Gay’
- Selena Gomez Won’t Take Any Shit From Amy Schumer In This Hilarious Skit
- Watch Ramsay Bolton Sing About How He’s Actually A Nice Guy In Real Life
- Joey Bada$$ Brings A Completely New Sound For His Single ‘Devastated’
- 11 Times Sophie Turner Had Zero Fucks To Give