Get an exclusive first look at ‘Hunger Games’ star’s MTV Movie Awards appearance; short film producer Jordan Rubin fills us in!
By Kara Warner
That old adage about a picture being worth a thousand words is particularly appropriate for this sneak peek of “Hunger Games” star Jennifer Lawrence’s appearance in a short film set to debut during the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday (June 3).
The photo clearly shows Lawrence with an arrow through her head, and given her unimpressed, annoyed expression when the pic was snapped, she doesn’t look too pleased about the situation. But not to worry: The arrow through her head is all for the sake of Movie Awards comedy, for which Lawrence was totally game.
MTV News recently caught up with Movie Awards short film producer Jordan Rubin to get the behind-the-scenes scoop about how Lawrence came to be involved.
“The idea generated from this year being the year of archery,” Rubin said. “Archery has really come back in a big way, so it seemed like a good thing to do as a jumping-off point for some comedy.
“You have ‘The Hunger Games,’ Jeremy Renner [as Hawkeye] in ‘Avengers,’ ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Snow White and the Huntsman,’ also ‘Brave’ is coming out,” Rubin added. “It’s good comedy fodder, and Jen totally got it. We were so happy she made time.”
According to Rubin, the short film revolves around an archery coach who is not necessarily liked by a lot of people in the industry. It features Joel McHale and a cameo from Lawrence.
“[Lawrence] was really funny and gave us a lot of different options and was great at the comedy,” Rubin said.
- Team Puppet Masters: Can Devin And Rashida Maintain Game Control On Are You The One: Second Chances?
- Lauren Jauregui And Her Rumored Girlfriend Get Close In Gorgeous New Pics
- Gigi And Bella Hadid’s Mom Is Searching For The Next Top Teen Model
- Stranded With a Million Dollars Meltdown: Will Alonzo Be The Next To Flare Out?
- Which Underdog Alliance Will Survive Challenge: Invasion Of The Champions ?