Director behind ‘Water for Elephants’ and classic music videos is set to take over for Gary Ross.
By Kara Warner
Just last week, the “Hunger Games” fandom was sent into a bit of a tailspin when director Gary Ross announced he would not direct the film’s sequel, “Catching Fire.”
Jaws dropped, heads were scratched and new names were thrown out and analyzed. Now, it appears Francis Lawrence will be stepping into Ross’ shoes to direct the highly anticipated sequel to the record-breaking first film.
According to a very brief report from Deadline, Lionsgate has decided to go with Lawrence over “Moneyball” helmer Bennett Miller, the other recently rumored Ross replacement. There is no official word from the studio about the done deal, but by all appearances, they have found their man.
For those not familiar with Lawrence’s rRead also...
- Little Mix Have Dudes Wrapped Around Their Fingers In ‘Touch’ Video
- Dashboard Confessional Cover Justin Bieber On Surprise EP
- Arcade Fire’s ‘I Give You Power’ Is A Glimpse At The Not-So-Distant Future
- Final Logan Trailer Introduces A Mutant Way Cooler Than Wolverine
- Are You The One? Shocker: The Big, Bad Blackout That No One Saw Coming