Director behind ‘Water for Elephants’ and classic music videos is set to take over for Gary Ross.
By Kara Warner
Just last week, the “Hunger Games” fandom was sent into a bit of a tailspin when director Gary Ross announced he would not direct the film’s sequel, “Catching Fire.”
Jaws dropped, heads were scratched and new names were thrown out and analyzed. Now, it appears Francis Lawrence will be stepping into Ross’ shoes to direct the highly anticipated sequel to the record-breaking first film.
According to a very brief report from Deadline, Lionsgate has decided to go with Lawrence over “Moneyball” helmer Bennett Miller, the other recently rumored Ross replacement. There is no official word from the studio about the done deal, but by all appearances, they have found their man.
For those not familiar with Lawrence’s rRead also...
- Casper Skulls’ DIY ‘Devotion’
- The Weeknd Is Making A Play For Drake’s Global Streaming Champion Status
- Channing Tatum Compared Jenna Dewan-Tatum To Lucky Charms On Her Birthday, Basically
- Shawn Mendes Was Very Ready For His SNL Close-Up
- Madonna Celebrated Britney Spears’s Birthday By Creepily Covering One Of Her Hits