Director behind ‘Water for Elephants’ and classic music videos is set to take over for Gary Ross.
By Kara Warner
Just last week, the “Hunger Games” fandom was sent into a bit of a tailspin when director Gary Ross announced he would not direct the film’s sequel, “Catching Fire.”
Jaws dropped, heads were scratched and new names were thrown out and analyzed. Now, it appears Francis Lawrence will be stepping into Ross’ shoes to direct the highly anticipated sequel to the record-breaking first film.
According to a very brief report from Deadline, Lionsgate has decided to go with Lawrence over “Moneyball” helmer Bennett Miller, the other recently rumored Ross replacement. There is no official word from the studio about the done deal, but by all appearances, they have found their man.
For those not familiar with Lawrence’s rRead also...
- Watch Britney Spears Suck Helium And Sing A Taylor Swift Song
- Kid Cudi Keeps Railing Against The Industry On New Song ‘Surfin’’
- Deeper Than Disney: Bridgit Mendler Grows Up With Her Fans
- Jaime Lannister’s First Instagram Pic Is More Ironic Than Viserys Targaryen’s Death
- Lady Gaga Confirms She’s Headlining The 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show