Director behind ‘Water for Elephants’ and classic music videos is set to take over for Gary Ross.
By Kara Warner
Just last week, the “Hunger Games” fandom was sent into a bit of a tailspin when director Gary Ross announced he would not direct the film’s sequel, “Catching Fire.”
Jaws dropped, heads were scratched and new names were thrown out and analyzed. Now, it appears Francis Lawrence will be stepping into Ross’ shoes to direct the highly anticipated sequel to the record-breaking first film.
According to a very brief report from Deadline, Lionsgate has decided to go with Lawrence over “Moneyball” helmer Bennett Miller, the other recently rumored Ross replacement. There is no official word from the studio about the done deal, but by all appearances, they have found their man.
For those not familiar with Lawrence’s rRead also...
- Amanda Bynes Breaks Twitter Silence To ‘Say Hi’ And Talk About School
- Father John Misty Feels Like Pablo With His Own Kanye West-Inspired Merch
- Bella Thorne Proudly Comes Out As Bisexual
- Dylan Sprouse And His Girlfriend Have A Beauty And The Beast Question
- Who Needs A Time Machine When You Can Watch This Legends Of Tomorrow Supercut Instead?