‘They might put it out yesterday,’ G.O.O.D. Music’s CyHi the Prynce jokes to Sway on ‘RapFix Live.’
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Sway Calloway
Earlier this month, The Source magazine reported that the album would be dropping July 4. With Independence Day coming in less than a week, those chances are looking as slim as the girl in Calvin Klein pants is. But on Wednesday’s (June 29) episode of “Rap Fix Live,” G.O.O.D. Music artist CyHi the Prynce did give fans a bit of hope.
“They are ready to go. Right now, all the music and everything is done,” CyHi told Sway. “But you know my guy — we over here with [Kanye], so ‘Ye is gonna add his last little pizzazz, and it’s going to be ready for you guys soon.”
On Tuesday, the Fourth of July speculation continued to swirl as AllHipHop.com ran a rumor report that said that the album will come Monday as a digital-only release to avoid leaks. CyHi would neither confirm nor deny that report, saying he wasn’t privy to that information.
“I don’t know the business of the logistics of it,” he said, dodging the question with a veteran’s poise. “Those are the bosses. You never know what they gonna do and how they gonna put it out. They might put it out yesterday.
“I don’t know. ‘Ye can do something, and he can just do it how he wanna do it,” CyHi continued. “He can just put it out tomorrow if he wanted to, and that’s what ‘Ye want to do.”
Until then, we’ll continue to watch.
Are you on the edge of your seat for Jay and Kanye’s album? Let us know in the comments!
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender