Couple have been married since 2004 and have 3-year-old twins together.
By Kara Warner
“We have decided to end our marriage,” Lopez and Anthony revealed to People magazine via a joint statement. “This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters.
“It is a painful time for all involved,” the statement continued, “and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time.”
This news likely comes as a shock to their fans, as the seemingly happy couple were seen together frequently during the most recent season of “American Idol,” on which Lopez served as a judge and Anthony appeared in the audience several times and as a mentor to the contestants.
Lopez and Anthony were married in June 2004 at Lopez’s Beverly Hills home. The wedding was a major surprise in the entertainment world, given the fact that J.Lo had ended her highly publicized relationship with Ben Affleck only 18 months before, and even more so for the family and friends who attended the casual ceremony, all of whom had been invited to attend under the guise of a summer party.
The two Latin superstars dated briefly in the ’90s and remained friends in the years before their marriage. Anthony was previously married to former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, while Lopez was wed to Ojani Noa and Cris Judd. Professionally, Anthony and Lopez have recorded a number of duets together and starred in and produced the feature film, “El Cantante.”
Lopez and Anthony have two children together, 3-year-old twins Max and Emme.
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender