New season, which premieres Thursday at 10 p.m. ET on MTV, finds the ‘Shore’ gang getting back to basics.
By James Montgomery
If there’s an underlying plotline to the fifth season of MTV’s “Jersey Shore” — which premieres Thursday at 10 p.m. — it may very well be “There’s no place like home.”
That’s according to the “Shore” stars themselves, who told MTV News that, unlike their Italian holiday, the new season of the show is short on infighting, head-butting, vehicular mishaps, ill-fated hookups, malicious dog-poop capers and drama of all varieties and long on what they’ve come to be known for — namely, partying.
“You’re gonna see a lighter side of us in Jersey,” Ronnie assured us. “We have a lot more fun as compared to Italy. People were fighting, running heads into walls, bottles being thrown — it was just a lot of drama. Jersey is going to be a lot more fun.”
“You’ll actually see how much we miss Jersey. We missed it so much, we just hit the ground running,” added Pauly D, who’s already gone on record as saying season five is his “best.” “The second we got back from Italy, we went straight to Jersey and just had fun with it.”
Part of that fun involved getting back to basics — the kinds of things that were tough to come by in Italy and core tenets that any and all “Jersey Shore” fanatics know by heart.
“Stuff you take for granted on a day-to-day basis, that’s what we wanted to do,” Pauly said. “Haircut, gym, tanning … Vinny was cutting our hair.”
“We wanted easy girls,” Vinny added with a laugh.
Yep, they’re definitely back.
- Team Puppet Masters: Can Devin And Rashida Maintain Game Control On Are You The One: Second Chances?
- Lauren Jauregui And Her Rumored Girlfriend Get Close In Gorgeous New Pics
- Gigi And Bella Hadid’s Mom Is Searching For The Next Top Teen Model
- Stranded With a Million Dollars Meltdown: Will Alonzo Be The Next To Flare Out?
- Which Underdog Alliance Will Survive Challenge: Invasion Of The Champions ?