Our pals at MTV Buzzworthy have dug up a gem.
Ever since Justin Bieber dropped the video for his hit single “Boyfriend,” people have been commenting on the clip’s similarities to a video featuring another famous Justin – NSYNC’s “Girlfriend.” The videos share a similar look and feel, in addition to lots of muscle car showboating, plenty of choreographed dancing and more than a few pretty girls.
The tonal and stylistic similarities between the two are purely coincidental, of course. During “MTV First: Justin Bieber,” Biebs told MTV News that he hasn’t seen NSYNC’s video, though he admitted to being influenced by Timberlake, saying, “He was young, and he did it, and he was really amazing and had such amazing music. I can’t say that I would be upset when someone compares me to him.”
“Girlfriend” marked a point in the NSYNC guys’ careers where they were transitioning from boys into men, and for Bieber, “Boyfriend” represents the same move toward a more mature look and sound. “I think it’s super cool,” Bieber told MTV News of his “Boyfriend” video. “I wanted to do something a little bit more mature.
Check it out:
Want more? Visit MTV Buzzworthy.
What do you think of the similarities between “Boyfriend” and “Girlfriend”? Let us know in the comments below!Read also...
- The Fairly OddParents‘ Cosmo Finds A Super Strange BFF In Exclusive Clip
- Ben Affleck Gets All Weepy Over Brother Casey’s Oscar Win
- Oscar Winner Emma Stone Adorably Thanks Ryan Gosling For Making Her Laugh
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Got His Oscars Tux At The Same Place As His Prom Tux
- Kim Kardashian Wants To Send You A Free Pair Of Yeezys