By Meredith Goldberg-Morse
Given his penchant for extravagant spending, it should come as no surprise that Kanye West has recently been showering those closest to him with $34,000 gold skull statues. If nothing else, at least we now know that he’s a practical gift-giver!
For Father’s Day, Kanye got pal Jay-Z a yellow gold skull statue with 1,680 star-cut red topaz gemstones set around the head. Good luck topping that one, Blue Ivy.
Kanye, who didn’t trust ordinary shipping services with such an extraordinary gift, chartered a private jet (he must be really into those) in order to hand deliver the statue to the new father.
Lest girlfriend Kim Kardashian become jealous, he gave her one as well — though Kim’s is adorned with white sapphires and reportedly engraved with the letters “KKW” for “Kim Kardashian West.” Awww. Slightly less pricey than the tricked-out Lamborghini Kim bought Kanye for his birthday, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
West apparently found inspiration for the gift after discovering that Michael Jackson gave the same one to Elizabeth Taylor, which is simultaneously sweet and ominous.
Our only question: If red roses mean “I love you,” what does a gold skull statue set with white sapphires mean?Read also...
- Lady Problems: We Learn That The Answer To Any Question Is Always, ‘It’s Men’
- Does The Are You The One? Alliance Have A Shot At Rivals III Gold?
- Step Inside Chance The Rapper’s Magnificent Coloring World
- Is Staying At Wyckoff The Right Choice For Awkward‘s Jenna?
- Jay Z Finally Addresses Lemonade On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix