By Bryant Gilmore
Everyone knows by now that when you hit up a Kelly Clarkson show, it’s become a tradition for fans to tweet their requests for cover songs that they want the Grammy winner to perform at the show that night.
Recently, she gave us an amazing rendition of Katy Perry’s current chart-topper “Wide Awake” and now, she’s tackled No Doubt with an acoustic version of “Don’t Speak” – and for a few moments after she was finished, we couldn’t. Before she began, Clarkson took time to thank the lucky tweeter because “Don’t Speak” is “one of her favorite No Doubt songs.” She then effortlessly tackled the song with such raw emotion that we almost got confused as to whose song she was singing. Almost.
Check it out:
Clarkson is having quite a year. When she’s not killing it in concert, she’s slaying her fellow “American Idol” alums on the charts. Her song “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” was recently named the best-selling single by an “Idol” alum and spent three weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 earlier this year.
But there’s even more great news for Kelly. Last week, she received a 2012 MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Video With a Message for the video to “Dark Side,” which is currently working its way up the charts. Make sure you tune in to see if Kelly walks away with her fourth Moonman when the VMAs air live on September 6 at 8 p.m.
Check out the “Dark Side” video below.
- The 1975 Make One Directions ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ Feel Like A Four-Minute Symphony
- Watch Britney Spears Suck Helium And Sing A Taylor Swift Song
- Kid Cudi Keeps Railing Against The Industry On New Song ‘Surfin’’
- Deeper Than Disney: Bridgit Mendler Grows Up With Her Fans
- Jaime Lannister’s First Instagram Pic Is More Ironic Than Viserys Targaryen’s Death