We’re about to say something we thought we’d never say. Tell it, Kris Humphries!
After signing a reported two-year, $24 million deal to return to the Brooklyn Nets, basketballer and, more famously, Kim Kardashian’s ex-husband Kris Humphries took to Twitter to get a little something off his chest that’s probably been burning him for months … since Kanye West dropped his single “Cold,” in which he professed his love for Kardashian and took a low shot at Humphries, rapping, “Lucky I ain’t have Jay drop him from the team.”
Jay, of course, is Jay-Z, who co-owns Nets and happens to be a very close personal friend and professional collaborator of West’s.
Humphries shot West’s lyric back at him after re-upping with the team, writing, “I’m up at Brooklyn! @S_C_ ‘lucky I didn’t have Jay drop me from the team’ lol!”
(@S_C_ is Jay-Z’s Twitter handle.)
At the time of “Cold’s” release, according to our pals at MTV RapFix, many fans and hip-hop bloggers thought West had taken things one step too far with the lyric. Some thought West, one of the most acclaimed hip-hop stars in the game, was above taking petty shots and threatening a man’s livelihood over his (new at the time) girlfriend’s personal problems.
It seems, however, that Humphries got the last laugh.
>> For more, visit MTV RapFix.
What do you think of Kris Humphries’ long-awaited response to Kanye’s diss? Let us know in the comments below!Read also...
- The Stakes After Dark: Capture The Flag
- Gwen Stefani Stopped Her Concert To Bring A Young Bullied Fan Onstage
- Prepare Yourself For A Comedy Series Based On Notorious B.I.G.’s Lyrics
- ‘Get Dat Fetus, Kill Dat Fetus’: BoJack Horseman Tackles Abortion And Celebrity Feminism In Its Own Demented Way
- The Stakes After Dark (SAD!): A Moment Alone In The Shade