The stars definitely came out for Eminem and Jay-Z.
The hip-hop heavyweights brought big-name guests like Dr. Dre, 50 Cent and Drake onstage during their two-night Home and Home Tour run at Detroit’s Comerica Park. One megastar didn’t hit the stage but did show support during the duo’s final Motor City show: Lady Gaga.
According to The Detroit News, the pop sensation, who was in town for her own Monster Ball Tour date on Saturday (September 4), checked out the show from a raised platform in the middle of the arena. Decked out in a silver miniskirt and sporting sable-colored locks, the native New Yorker grooved to Jigga and Alicia Keys’ smash “Empire State of Mind.” Gaga even threw up the Roc-A-Fella diamond when Hov ripped The Blueprint album cut “U Don’t Know.” Rap-Up.com reports the singer sipped from a plastic cup throughout the show, and took in Jay’s set for about an hour before retreating backstage.
There’s a good chance that Gaga and Em will cross paths during another major show: the 2010 Video Music Awards. The hitmakers have corralled the most Moonmen nods, with Gaga landing a record-shattering 13 nominations and Eminem scoring eight. The pop supernova’s “Bad Romance” and the chart-topping MC’s “Not Afraid” will also face off in the coveted Video of the Year category
After pulling off a slew of all-star guest appearances and shutting things down with two triumphant high-energy D-Town shows, Em will hit the stage at the VMAs, which will be broadcast live from Los Angeles on September 12.Read also...
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender