‘It’s my version of love songs,’ Weezy explains in ‘Hip Hop POV’ interview, airing tonight at midnight ET on MTV.
By Rob Markman
Lil Wayne gets love all around the world, but on his next album, Weezy plans to flip the script. During an exclusive interview with Amanda Seales from MTV’s new weekly late-night talk show “Hip Hop POV,” Wayne revealed that he is working on a new LP called Devol (pronounced “devil”). “That’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards, and it’s my version of love songs,” Tunechi explained.
Seales went down to Miami, where she was treated to an intimate listening session by the Young Money boss himself. It’s no secret that Weezy F has a way with the ladies. With songs like “Lollipop” and “She Will,” Wayne has carved out a lane for himself as a hip-hop sex symbol — but he isn’t exactly going all loverboy on us. “What I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying, ‘I love you,’ ” he explains in the clip. “It’s all material I did when I was locked up.”
Birdman Jr. isn’t the only rap star who will pop up on tonight’s debut: 2 Chainz will join the “Hip Hop POV” castmembers — also including Charlamagne tha God, Devi Dev, Bu Thiam and Sowmya Krishnamurthy — on the show’s premiere.
Don’t miss tonight’s premiere episode of “MTV’s Hip Hop POV” at midnight ET on MTV. The conversation-based show highlights some of today’s hottest news and more from a cast of hip-hop tastemakers. Fans can also join in on the Twitter conversation using the hashtag #HipHopPOV.
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender