By Zachary Swickey
As big fans of British singer songwriter Lily Allen’s quirky music sensibilities, we’re anxiously awaiting the third album from the star. But alas, it appears that we will never have a new Lily Allen record … Because the pop star has now officially changed her name to Lily Rose Cooper.
Lily’s announcement is not a big surprise. The 27-year-old married her long-time boyfriend Sam Cooper last year and has been using her married name as her Twitter handle for some time. The couple welcomed their first child in November.
Cooper’s name change comes on the heels of news that she is reportedly pregnant with her second child. Luckily, it doesn’t seem her pregnancy is stopping her from making new music.
“It’s great to work at my own pace, with no commitments other than to make music,” Cooper said in a statement on Thursday (August 2). “I’m excited to be heading back into the studio.”
Allen famously semi-retired from the music scene in 2010 to focus on her family and clothing line, Lucy in Disguise. She never really walked away entirely, however: Allen wrote songs for the upcoming “Bridget Jones’ Diary” musical that will premiere in London’s iconic West End later this year.
The Coopers are reportedly expecting baby number two sometime around the holidays and hopefully we will have a new album from Lily to use as stocking stuffers as well.Read also...
- Wait, Does Carrie Fisher’s Dog Gary Have A Cameo In Star Wars: Episode VIII?
- The Justice League Assembles In First Trailer — But The Flash Steals The Show
- Cosplay Couple: Catelynn Lowell And Tyler Baltierra Get Into Costume At San Diego Comic-Con
- Hillary Finally Confirms Her VP Pick
- Things Seem Way Too Good To Be True On Chairlift’s New Song ‘Get Real’