By Meredith Goldberg-Morse
For those of you who haven’t yet recovered from the excitement of last week’s big Mariah Carey news, get ready—the singer has just released the cover art (below) for her new single “Triumphant (Get ‘Em)” featuring Rick Ross and Meek Mill as well as a photo of herself on the set of the song’s music video.
The endlessly entertaining star took to Twitter with a visual teaser of her upcoming track, announcing to fans, “On the set of the TRIUMPHANT (Get ‘Em) video shoot. Get ready for a triumphant week, we have surprises every day!” Accompanying the tweet was a photo of Mariah lounging on a couch in true diva fashion. She followed up with a picture of the single’s cover and the message “Here’s the cover of my new single #Triumphant!! World premiere this Thursday, Aug 2. GET ‘EM!”
Speaking of triumphant weeks, the singer inked a deal last Monday to replace Jennifer Lopez as a judge on the next season of “American Idol.” Based on our knowledge of what happens when Mariah Carey is combined with live television, we’re pretty sure this season will be a must-see.
The singer recently explained the song’s origins via Twitter, posting “I wrote TRIUMPHANT when I was going through a difficult time & it helped me get through it. When u hear it, pay attention 2 the lyrics.”
With the single set for an early-August release, we can’t wait to see what other triumphs lay in store for the inordinately talented and unpredictably amusing diva.Read also...
- Drake Took Another Shot At Meek Mill During The NBA All-Star Celeb Game
- 11 Things We NEED To See If There’s A My Date With The President’s Daughter Sequel
- 13 Serious Questions Every Pretty Little Liars Fan Has About This Season
- Was Sneaking Into A Kanye West Concert This Week’s ‘Greatest Party Story Ever’?
- Taylor Swift’s Brother Perfectly Responds To Kanye’s Shocking ‘Famous’ Lyric