Departed artists like Whitney Houston, Queen’s Freddie Mercury and John Lennon also get mentions from fans in Times Square.
By Kate Callahan
NEW YORK — After the Tupac hologram performance at Coachella made such a huge splash, the team behind the projection system floated the possibility this week of an Elvis hologram to perform with Justin Bieber. Even ’90s girl group TLC is rumored to be considering a virtual version of the late Left Eye on their upcoming tour.
With all that talk, MTV News hit Times Square to ask fans which departed artists they would most like to see perform in hologram form. While some of those interviewed wanted to see other rappers like the Notorious B.I.G. or Nate Dogg, one fan thought Whitney Houston should get the honors.
“I love her, I grew up singing her [songs], just walking around the house when I was seven or eight,” Shayana of Houston said.
Brits Amy Winehouse and John Lennon of the Beatles were also popular picks, and a few rock fans mentioned Queen’s flamboyant frontman. “It would have to be Freddie Mercury because Queen were one of the all-time greatest bands and he was a showman,” said a fan named Rob.
Blane Mader would like to see a hologram of another great showman, Michael Jackson.
“It’s a really clichRead also...
- Was Sneaking Into A Kanye West Concert This Week’s ‘Greatest Party Story Ever’?
- The Trick Question Of The Gilmore Girls Reunion: Team Dean Or Team Jess?
- Bella Hadid Explains The Major Difference Between Her And Gigi
- And They’re Off: Which ‘Bloodlines’ Team Shocked You Out Of The Finale Gates?
- Meet The 20-Year-Old Who Predicted Kanye’s The Life Of Pablo Album Title