With Friday’s one-year anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death fast approaching, fans from around the world are, no doubt, working on their plans for honoring the late King of Pop. One logical place for those supporters to gather is Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California, where Jackson is interred in the Great Mausoleum.
But despite reports last month that fans were expected to have limited access to Forest Lawn on Friday, according to TMZ, officials are putting a number of conditions on anyone planning to attend the event. A rep for Forest Lawn told the site that attendees will be allowed to enter the park on Friday, but, as expected, they will not be allowed anywhere near the mausoleum, the final resting place for a number of Hollywood legends, including Clark Gable, Carole Lombard and Jean Harlow.
As for the special requests made by fans hoping to honor Jackson’s memory — including the releasing of balloons or doves, or holding performances of Jackson’s songs and dance routines — the rep said they too were mostly denied. A spokesperson for the Glendale Police Department said that fans will not be allowed to camp out or park around Forest Lawn 24 hours in advance of the anniversary, and no street vendors can set up booths hawking MJ merchandise near the cemetery.
The past year has contained plenty of other tributes to Jackson, from superstar DJ mixtapes to a recently announced plan for a $300 million museum and performance complex in the singer’s hometown of Gary, Indiana.
Jackson died on June 25 after suffering cardiac arrest at his rented Hollywood mansion. The Los Angeles County coroner’s office ruled that the 50-year-old singer died of “acute propofol intoxication” in combination with the use of sedatives. Authorities have claimed that his personal physician, cardiologist Conrad Murray, administered a lethal dose of the surgical anesthetic to chronic insomniac Jackson in an attempt to help him get to sleep. Murray was charged with involuntary manslaughter in February in connection with Jackson’s death and has pleaded not guilty in the case. The doctor is out on $75,000 bail and faces up to four years in prison if convicted.Read also...
- And They’re Off: Which ‘Bloodlines’ Team Shocked You Out Of The Finale Gates?
- Meet The 20-Year-Old Who Predicted Kanye’s The Life Of Pablo Album Title
- Robin Williams Makes Everyone Cry In These ‘Mrs. Doubfire’ Deleted Scenes
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Want You To Help Pick Their Live Setlist
- Death Toll Rising: The Dagda Mor Just Murdered [SPOILER] On ‘The Shannara Chronicles’