Young Money MC rocks her hometown with a surprise concert in the middle of New York’s Times Square.
By Rob Markman
NEW YORK — Good Friday all of a sudden became Pink Friday when Nicki Minaj (and alter ego Roman) took the stage in Times Square to promote her new album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, and the release of the remixed “Starships” video with DJ Doorly.
It was 7:30 p.m. ET when the counter on the stage clock hit zero and the blue curtain revealed the Female Weezy in all her glory. Dressed in a blond wig, white collared shirt and black one-piece with tiger-striped stockings, Nicki set things off properly with her current top-five single “Starships.”
Fans threw their hands up and danced, releasing all their anxiety from the hours that they waited. “Who’s in love? Is anybody in love?” the Young Money star asked before launching into her Chris Brown-assisted midtempo “Right By My Side.”
There was no Breezy, but Nicki made sure to bring that boom-ba-boom-boom with her when the beat for the infectious “Super Bass” dropped. The Harajuku Barbie danced and rapped, encouraging all her Barbz to sing along.
“It’s an honor for me to be here tonight. I’m from New York,” she said before announcing to the crowd that they will be filmed and that the footage will be used in her new “Starships” DJ Doorly remix video.
With only three songs performed, the show sure was short, but Nicki made sure everyone had a sweet time.
What’s your favorite Nicki Minaj song? Let us know in the comments!
- ‘Happy Sad Confused,’ With Allison Williams And Dan Stevens
- Maisie Williams’s Birthday Message To Sophie Turner Will Make You Ache For That Stark Reunion
- Stranded With A Million Dollars Premiere: 7 Reasons Cody Is About To Become Television’s New Bad Guy
- Can The Underdog Team Fend Off The Challenge Champions?
- The Sounds Of The Future: On Marnie Stern’s Cyborg Potential