Because it’s never too early to start the wild speculation.
By Kevin P. Sullivan
Well, everyone, that’s it for our 2012 Oscars coverage. It’s been a great awards season. Can’t wait to see you next year.
Hello, everyone, and welcome to MTV News’ 2013 Oscars coverage. It seems like just yesterday that “The Artist” won big and took home Best Picture, but who cares about that movie anymore? That’s old news.
This year is sure to be a huge year at the movies, and the nominees for next year’s Oscars are already lining up. MTV News has your first look at the likely nominees for the Academy Awards based on everything we know about the Oscars.
Best Supporting Actor
A rare, wide-open race this late in the game, Best Supporting Actor nominations could go to any number of great actors who were not great enough to be considered for the lead. The one lock at this point has to be Christoph Waltz for his work in Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained.” Waltz won an Academy Award for playing essentially the same character in “Inglourious Basterds,” but this time he’s a good guy. What could be bad about that?
Here’s a category already locked in a dead heat, with a wide variety of potential nominees vying for one of the five spots. The real shock here could be young Quvenzhan
- 21 Things Harry Styles Looks Like On His New Magazine Covers
- Kanye West Continues To Be A Champion Of Self-Love
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Aren’t Twins, Unlike Their New Ferraris
- Kim Kardashian Is 100% With Her And Endorses Hillary Clinton
- Usher Made Your Dance Floor Dreams Come True And Reunited With Ludacris & Lil Jon