‘I’ve sat through longer James Cameron speeches,’ comedian quipped of Kardashian’s brief marriage.
By Kevin P. Sullivan
Ricky Gervais did exactly what the Hollywood Foreign Press Association hired him to do with his opening monologue at Sunday night’s (January 15) Golden Globes. He left the audience having to choose between laughing and cringing.
Many of Hollywood’s biggest stars left the opener unscathed, a bit of a change from last year’s performance. Gervais still lived up to his reputation, however, and didn’t shy away from his signature brutal comedy style.
Gervais opened his monologue with an appropriate question, considering how last year’s awards went. “Where was I?” he asked. “Nervous? Don’t be.”
Despite all the talk of Gervais’ sharp wit before the show, he aimed the majority of his opening jokes at both the Globes themselves and NBC, the network airing the awards. Right off the bat, he joked, “Tonight, you get Britain’s biggest comedian, hosting the world’s second-biggest award show on America’s third-biggest network. Sorry, fourth.”
That isn’t to say that the celebrities were off the hook during the monologue. Gervais paid particular attention to Kim Kardashian, cracking two jokes at the recent divorcRead also...
- Pass The Tissues: Catelynn And Tyler Relive The Moment They First Laid Eyes On Baby Novalee
- Joe Manganiello Proves That Bigger Is Better In This New ‘Magic Mike XXL’ Poster
- Pusha T Is Working With The Pacino, Scorsese And Coppola Of Rap On King Push
- Here’s Why ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Will Make You Ship Hulk And Black Widow
- Hard Rock Cancun Throws One Heck Of A Grand Opening Party