Star jokes about his future after playing Ron Weasley for 10 years.
By Terri Schwartz, with reporting by Josh Horowitz
After a decade’s worth of film premieres, “Harry Potter” star Rupert Grint walked the NYC red carpet for the last time for the beloved franchise on Monday night.
“This is very special because this is the last one,” Grint told MTV News during the “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2″ live stream. “This really is it. I’m going to miss not having that anymore. I’m going to miss the screaming. You don’t get that everywhere, and I’m going to miss that definitely.”
Though he has two big projects lined up next — a biopic called “Eddie the Eagle” and the war film “Comrade” — he admitted that he would miss playing Ron Weasley, the character he had spent half of his life with. As he said during the London premiere, the fans have “made the last 10 years the best half of my life.”
While co-star Emma Watson said she’d have a post-premiere brunch to commemorate the end of the franchise, Grint seemed stumped about what he’d do after the frenzy of this premiere week. “I really don’t know what I’m supposed to do,” he admitted. “Counseling. Just talk it all out.”
One thing Grint certainly didn’t seem stressed out about, though, was losing MTV’s “Harry Potter” World Cup to Alan Rickman’s Severus Snape. In fact, he had previously predicted it when we caught up with him before the premiere.
“I knew it! I knew it! I agree. It’s the best choice,” Grint admitted.
Check out everything we’ve got on “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.”
For young Hollywood news, fashion and “Twilight” updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.
- ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Part 2′ Red-Carpet Highlights
- MTV Rough Cut: ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Part 2′
- Scenes From ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2′
- ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Part 2′
- ‘Deathly Hallows, Part 2′ Brings The Magic To New York Premiere
- Can You Guess The Disney Channel Original Movie From The Emojis? [Quiz]
- The Beastie Boys Are Getting The Unauthorized Story Treatment — With A Musical Comedy
- This Is What A Fangirl Is Not
- Jon Snow Is Alive (And Dead) Again In This ‘Game Of Thrones’ Supercut
- 21 Times Karen Gillan Was Our Favorite ‘Doctor Who’ Nerd