Dim Mak chairman had help from EDM pals Datsik and Alan Strovich as he powered through a set loaded with new gems.
By Nicholas Philippou
MIAMI — The Steve Aoki Experience hit Ice Palace in downtown Miami a little after 3:30 a.m. in the early Saturday hours, and the Dim Mak chairman didn’t disappoint. He powered through a set loaded with new music and the madness that fans have come to love from his live shows.
In the lead-up to his Ultra Music Festival show slated for Sunday (March 25), Aoki treated the Ice Palace crowd to champagne showers and shots of Grey Goose. He also brought along some very special friends: Datsik, who’ll hit the road this summer on Dim Mak Records’ Deadmeat Tour; and Alan Strovich, who recently finished a dramatic dubstep remix of “Ladi Dadi.” (One of Aoki’s biggest tracks, his 2011 “Ladi” features singer Wynter Gordon.)
Many of the tracks Aoki played on Saturday were from Dim Mak’s Miami Winter Music Conference sampler, which dropped 10 days ago on Beatport. Those included the banging new gems “Dance” from Spencer & Hill and Dirtyloud; “Turn Up the Volume” with Joachim Garraud and Autoerotique; and Aoki’s smash tag-team with TiRead also...
- See How Beyoncé And Kendrick Lamar Thanked The Obamas On Inauguration Day
- Audrina Patridge Credits Her New Hair To Diehard Hills Fans
- Little Mix Have Dudes Wrapped Around Their Fingers In ‘Touch’ Video
- Dashboard Confessional Cover Justin Bieber On Surprise EP
- Arcade Fire’s ‘I Give You Power’ Is A Glimpse At The Not-So-Distant Future