‘It’ll probably be on the next record,’ she tells MTV News’ Sway.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Sway Calloway
Taylor Swift sat down with MTV News on Tuesday night to chat about her latest music video, for “The Story of Us.” During the discussion about the Noble Jones-directed, Vanderbilt University-set video, fans who submitted questions on Twitter wanted to know more about Swift’s songwriting process. She said that touring can be the best time to write tracks, even teasing some song ideas for her follow-up to Speak Now.
With Swift’s next tour set to kick off on Friday, the singer revealed that a song she wrote on her last tour could make the final cut for her next album, whenever she feels the need to begin work on it.
“I was in Madrid, and I was in my hotel room all day. And I was going through this crazy, emotional [thing] and I wrote a song about it and it’ll probably be on the next record,” she teased. “I’m telling you that. I’ll tell you [the title] afterwards.”
That isn’t quite the strangest place that Swift has ever received some inspiration. During the sit-down, she opened up about getting an idea for a song and having to be creative about how she jotted it down.
“The weirdest [place] I have ever written a song is probably in an airport, and I got an idea so fast that I had to run to the bathroom at the airport, grab a paper towel and write lyrics on the paper towel,” she explained. “I still have it. I still have it in a box in my room.”
- Watch Taylor Swift’s ‘Story Of Us’ Video Event Live!
- Taylor Swift’s ‘The Story Of Us’ Video To Premiere On MTV
- MTV First: Taylor Swift
- Taylor Swift’s Top MTV Moments
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender