Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton hit the stage with their teams, while Maroon 5 premiered ‘Payfone’ with Wiz Khalifa.
By John Mitchell
Things were shaken up Monday night (April 16) on “The Voice” with the surprise introduction of “instant eliminations,” a new rule forcing each judge to send one of their team members home at the end of the episode. The first judges forced to send one of their own packing were Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton, whose teams took the stage Monday.
An additional member of each team will be voted off by the public on Tuesday.
First to hit the stage was teenage country girl RaeLynn. Before performing, she and her coach Blake bonded over being “real country.” I’m a real country artist,” RaeLynn boasted, and Blake suited her up with the perfect song, hitmaker Jason Aldean’s “She’s Country.” RaeLynn’s performance of the song won over all the judges.
“Man, I’m gonna say, you make me want to sing country,” Christina championed. But Blake had the biggest words of praise. “This is the most proud moment I’ve had of any person on my team,” Blake said of RaeLynn’s performance.
Next up was fan and judge favorite Jesse Campbell, who delivered an expectedly excellent rendition of BeyoncRead also...
- Artist To Watch: Bea Miller Injects Some ‘Young Blood’ Into Rock ‘N’ Roll
- ‘Game Of Thrones': Everything That Happened When Tyrion Met Dragons In ‘Kill The Boy’
- Read Taylor Swift’s Sweet Letter To A Fan Who Lost Her Mother
- Kim Kardashian Just Found One Of Her Most Infamous Selfies — And It’s Not In Her Book
- Watch This 7-Year-Old Share Her Inspirational Story About Being Transgender