By Kara Warner
As we inch closer and closer to the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards , our favorite way to while away the hours and temper our excitement for this year’s star-studded, highly anticipated show is to look back upon highlights and “Best Of” moments from VMA year’s past.
This year, we’re focusing on footage from the last five years of Video Music Award history as the foundation for our “Best Of” polls. Today’s installment asks you to select the hottest VMA debut and the competition is as fierce as it is diverse. In narrowing down and naming the contenders, it’s amazing to see how new some of our artists are to the show, despite the fact that they seem like they’ve been around forever.
So whose inaugural appearance was the best? Adele’s stripped-down, goose bump-inducing vocal fireworks on display with last year’s performance of “Someone Like You?” Lady Gaga’s jaw-dropping and bloody theatrics on display in her 2009 performance of “Paparazzi?” What about Justin Bieber’s squeal-invoking drum solo during his “U Smile” medley in 2010? And Katy Perry’s VMA introduction via her smash hit “I Kissed a Girl” and a cover of “Like a Virgin?”
As we mentioned previously, the competition is fierce. Now it’s your turn to tell us which artist had the hottest VMA debut.
Cast your vote and be sure to watch for results on AMTV Tuesday, Sept. 4.Read also...
- Scarlett Johannson Shares Her Own Planned Parenthood Story At The Women’s March
- Celebs Are Supporting The Women’s March From Washington To Sundance And Beyond
- The Women’s March Is A Family Affair For Ariana Grande
- Frank Ocean Has A Message For Donald Trump: ‘He Ain’t Slick’
- See How Beyoncé And Kendrick Lamar Thanked The Obamas On Inauguration Day