Director Bill Condon ‘went for it’ on too-hot-for-PG-13 version of the honeymoon, screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg tells MTV News.
By Terri Schwartz, with reporting by Josh Horowitz
“Twilight” fans should know by now that the original sex scene filmed for “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1″ was a lot steamier than the version that made the final cut. The MPAA said the film would need an R rating if director Bill Condon didn’t cut out some of the “thrusting.”
Needless to say, he did, and “Breaking Dawn – Part 1″ currently reigns atop the box office with a PG-13 rating. But screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg admitted to MTV News that she wished the raunchier cut had made it to the big screen.
“Bill, he went for it,” Rosenberg said with a laugh when she recently spoke to MTV News. “I wanted to keep [the footage].”
Though all the bumping and grinding didn’t make it to the final cut of the film, Rosenberg is crossing her fingers that a lot of the footage will make it to the DVD. So everyone out there hoping that some of the more explicit parts of that sex scene will one day be released for public consumption, you just might be in luck.
That’s not the only scene that got chopped from the final cut of the movie, though. Rosenberg said there was a sequence before Bella and Edward’s wedding that also got the ax because it was slowing down the rest of the movie.
“There was a whole section before the wedding with Charlie, Renee and Carlisle and Edward, kind of a back-and-forth, but it just slowed everything down. But there are some nice things in there,” she said.
To calm fans who might be upset about missing that interaction, Rosenberg added, “But again, these are things that will show up someday.”
Check out everything we’ve got on “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1.”
For young Hollywood news, fashion and “Twilight” updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.
- MTV Rough Cut: ‘Breaking Dawn Part -1′ Director And Screenwriter
- MTV Rough Cut: ‘Breaking Dawn – Part 1′
- Live From The ‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1′ Red Carpet
- Scarlett Johannson Shares Her Own Planned Parenthood Story At The Women’s March
- Celebs Are Supporting The Women’s March From Washington To Sundance And Beyond
- The Women’s March Is A Family Affair For Ariana Grande
- Frank Ocean Has A Message For Donald Trump: ‘He Ain’t Slick’
- See How Beyoncé And Kendrick Lamar Thanked The Obamas On Inauguration Day