Our buddies over at MTV Buzworthy always get the best song premieres!
Today (July 30), Buzzworthy debuted the first single from pop-punk act Yellowcard‘s forthcoming eighth studio album, Southern Air, which hits stores August 14 on Hopeless Records. The song, “Here I Am Alive,” is all about looking back. Fifteen years after their 1997 debut, the guys are now veterans of the scene and are in full-on reflection mode.
Southern Air is the band’s second, following 2011′s When You’re Through Thinking, Say Yes, album since returning to music after a two-year hiatus. Now that they are back, they are on a roll, and lead singer Ryan Key wants to keep it going. “We got back from tour, and we were still so excited about doing this,” Key tells Buzzworthy. “We wanted to keep the ball rolling.”
When you’ve been in the business as long as Yellowcard, you inevitably make some friends … and sometimes they come along for the ride and hit the studio with you. “Here I am Alive” was co-written by Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump and features vocals from We Are The In Crowd’s Taylor Jardine.
So how did it turn out? Pretty fantastically if you ask us. But why take our word for it. Listen below:
For more, visit MTV Buzzworthy.Read also...
- #TBMTV: ‘Bob Dylan On The Beach,’ An MTV News Original Movie
- Teen Mom 2 Allegations: How Should Leah Handle Ali’s Claims About Miranda?
- JoJo And Keke Palmer Blast Tinder In The Millennial Bachelorette
- Shawn Mendes Debuts A New Video Teaser That’s ‘Better’ Than You Could’ve Imagined
- Drake University Hilariously Invites Drake To See Its Campus Views